Tim & Nancy's Adventures

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Prior to 27 months of poverty.....

As I get use to this new medium of Blog, who knows what errors and mistakes I'll make, but the best way to proceed is to proceed.

As mentioned in the first posting, Nancy and I are headed to Peace Corps duty in Romania. We'll be expected to live like the natives do -- not poverty exactly, but no frills. Those of you who know my wife realize that she has good taste. Sometimes good taste and near poverty come in conflict. With that in mind we've decided to escape the East Coast winter for a few days with a trip to St. Maarten in the Carribbean.

While in St. Maarten we'll indulge in a life style and extravagance to carry us through 27 months of fasting. It'll be our own Mardi Gras, a feast before the 40 days of austerity, except that our forty days will last considerably longer. The picture accompanying this blog posting (I'm being optimistic) is not of St. Maarten but of Aruba taken two years ago on our last excursion.

We'll be leaving for the warmth in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll have some St. Maarten pictures to share. I'm planning on sitting in my beach side lounge chair with $5.00 bills taped to my chest to see what beachcombing beauties might walk by. Chances are I'll need larger bills than fives, but I do have my limits....

Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home